Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Alaska Life; Dream Big

Pic of Jill Davis landed on a remote beach on the "Lost Coast" of Alaska

Writing is the act of motion.  Writing is the commitment to move forward, and not to stew in our own juices, to become whatever it is that we are becoming.  Writing is both the boat and the wind in the sails.  Even on the days when the winds of inspiration seem slight, there is some forward motion, some progress made.  JULIA CAMERON

Writing as in life we need to move forward.  I agree with Julia, or we will be stewing in our own juices, which sounds kinda gross to me!  If even going to the grocery store is moving forward than that could be considered an achievement.  I have big goals and aspirations.  I look around and see others with those things that I have aspired to achieve and sometimes get a little jealous.  I always seem to think to myself in the back of my mind it just landed in their lap somehow or "Lady Luck" had something to do with it.  Sometimes I do not even realize my own accomplishments.  I think that is because not many people have given me any acknowledgement.  Now that I look back on some of the things I have done or achieved I realize now how extraordinary those things were.  At the time I felt a sense of struggle or even uncomfortable.  I think I was not comfortable in my own skin but I think the bottom line was I did not have a very good support team that would give me any uplifting.  No matter how much I accomplished, I was told I was not good enough, did not work hard enough or do a good enough job.  Wow were they crazy or what?  What is even crazier is that I believed it and took it to heart.

I am comfortable now in my own skin and very happy with My Alaska Wild Adventures living real life in the wilds of Alaska.  I have learned to be happy with myself and what I can accomplish.  I set high standards and goals but take in to consideration that it takes steps, sometimes baby steps.  Taking steps toward those goals and being happy with those steps, and knowing that those steps add up.  The worst thing we can do is nothing.  Jack Canfield Author of Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of my mentors.  He has sold over a BILLION books!!! Can you imagine a BILLION BOOKS!!! Wow!  They are printed all over the world.  Jack was told by many people that his books were no good and at they would never be published or sell.  Boy were they wrong.  It was his act of not sitting still and not taking no for an answer and knowing deep down in his soul and being that his book was good enough and that HE was good enough. 

That is what it takes in life people knowing that you are good enough and that you deserve happiness no matter what we have been told by others.  Another thing Jack Canfield told me that I took to heart was that to get a book written, even if we wrote one page a day in a year that is 365 pages!! Imagine that if all we did was write one page a day in a year those pages would add up to a pretty good size book.  In any goal we have in life, if we just do one little thing every day towards it, that is something that will add up.  A year seems like a long time, but for me it has been going by fast.  Not always, but it does fly by before we know it. 

Live life to the fullest friends and do what you enjoy and makes you happy!! Go get that Ice Cream Cone! Yeah Baby~
I look forward to your comments and feedback!  Find me on Facebook~

Take care from the Wilds of Alaska
Alaska Woman Jill Davis
http://www.facebook.com/jdlostcoast

No comments:

Post a Comment