Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Alaska Life; The Spice of Life

Creativity involves process, and process involves change.  The truism we often hear is that we resist change because change is difficult or change is painful.  This is not accurate.  It is the resistance to change that is difficult or painful.  In the same way, it is the resistance to our creativity that causes us to equate it with suffering.  It is important to remember that "effort" and "suffering" are two different things. Julia Cameron

Hope you all are having a good start of the week!  The fun thing about life out in the wilds of Alaska is that it is always changing.  We go through phases and seasons.  Some people are happy with their routine.  Well folks my routine is that you never know what is going to transpire.... isn't that fun? 

When you do not know when and where things are going to happen.  Most of us are scared of the unknown, well I welcome it!  Some people can not have fun without a plan.  I think a general plan is good but what excites me the most is impulsiveness.  When I commit to something I follow through to the end, so I am not "flighty."  I spent 17 years in the lodge business, and was very dedicated.  Within the realm of that business though I was able to have the freedom to "fly by the seat of my pants" so to speak.  You have to have a plan, but things happen.  The storm blows in and it is too gnarly to fish so you have to improvise.. stay indoors, tie flies and tell campfire stories.  The river blows out, so the plan to go to the river you intended is no longer an option, so new plan.  I believe in structure, but also I welcome the unpredictable.  That to me is what makes life interesting.

I suggest to all of you add a little spice to your life and try something new!  You never know what will transpire~

I am looking forward to your feedback and comments!

Take care from the Wilds of Alaska
Alaska Woman Jill Davis
http://www.facebook.com/jdlostcoast



No comments:

Post a Comment