Sunday, January 27, 2013

Give me Pleasure or Give me Death






































When we are willing to make what wants to be made rather than make what we want, we become open to new directions.  We begin to be able to let some of the seriousness out of our artist's life, and we begin to let some of the playfulness back in.  It is an ironic fact that most great artists are inherently playful.  JULIA CAMERON



I think it is important to play and have fun in life.  I believe that is what is lacking in most peoples lives, and why so many people are unhappy.  Some people do not even know how to have fun.  If you don't then I think you should learn.  People made fun of me when I went to college and my major was Recreation.  I added a double major of computer technolgy just to look reputable to my parents.  They thought recreation was not a valid profession.  I will tell you we need recreation in our lives.  If we do not know how to have fun, than we need professionals that can help us.  My epertese is having fun.  I try to have fun in everything I do.  Recreation is a HUGE part of our economy as well!  How could they think that it was not reputabe to be in the recreation industry?



I did excell at recreation and having fun.  It is the business I have been in for the last 17 years.  I am still in the recreation business!  I just happend to change majors from guiding to writing.  I believe my writing brings value and joy to those that read it, or at least I hope so.  I enjoy sharing my stories and experiences with people that would never be able to do things like come to Alaska.  I have had so many people tell me that even though  they would never be able to do what I do, that they can live vicarously through me.  This gives me emmense satisfaction, to know that.

I am happy that my pictures and stories could light peoples lives and give them joy and pleasure.

More to come from Alaska Woman~ Life in the Wilds of Alaska


Join me on Facebook~  http://www.facebook.com/jdlostcoast


website~ http:/www.alaskawildadventures.tv


YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/AlaskaWildAdventures


Twitter~ http://www.twitter.com/jillddavis or @jillddavis











No comments:

Post a Comment